From: The New Diabetic Cookbook by Mabel Caviani, R.D. Brought to you andyours via Nancy O’Brion and her Meal-Master
( Retrieved from http://www.easy-diabetic-recipes.com/index.html )
[tab title=”Cooking Time”]
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
Yields 30 servings
Dietary exchange per serving: 1 bread exchange + 1 fat exchange; CAL: 143; CHO: 17gm; PRO: 2gm; FAT: 7gm; low-sodium diets: Use low-sodium baking powder and salt-free margarine.
- 2 cup Cake flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Dry buttermilk
- 3/4 cup Water (room temp)
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil
- Liquid sugar substitute
- Equal to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Liquid egg substitute @ Room temp
- 1/4 cup Margarine @ room temp
- Place dry ingredients in mixer bowl and mix at low speed to blend well.
- Combine 3/4 cup water, oil, sweetener, vanilla and egg substitute and mix with a fork to blend. Add margarine to flour mixture along with liquid mixture and mix with a spoon only until well blended.
- Spread evenly in a 9-inch square pan which has been greased with margarine.
- Bake 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees F., or until a cake tester comes out clean and the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan. Cool to room temperature and cut 4 X4 to yield 16 equal servings.